The Holy Week, which is observed by Filipinos annually, is a significant event in the country. Many people take advantage of the long break to travel and explore new destinations or revisit old ones. Here are the top 10 Holy Week destinations in the Philippines:
1. Batangas – Known for its beaches, Batangas is a popular destination for Holy Week. Its pristine beaches like Laiya and Nasugbu offer an escape from the city.
2. Boracay – Boracay remains one of the most visited destinations during Holy Week. The island is known for its white sand beaches and crystal clear waters, perfect for swimming, island hopping, and other water activities.
3. Baguio – The Summer Capital of the Philippines offers a cool climate and scenic views. The city is also known for its food, shopping, and cultural attractions like the BenCab Museum.
4. Palawan – Known for its breathtaking scenery, Palawan is a perfect getaway during Holy Week. El Nido, Coron, and Puerto Princesa offer a mix of beach, island hopping, and cultural activities.
5. Siargao – Dubbed as the surfing capital of the Philippines, Siargao is a popular destination for adventure-seekers. Aside from surfing, the island also offers island hopping, diving, and other water activities.
6. Cebu – The Queen City of the South offers a mix of cultural, historical, and natural attractions. The city is also known for its lechon, dried mangoes, and other delicacies.
7. Ilocos – Ilocos offers a glimpse of the country’s colonial past with its historical landmarks and museums. The region is also known for its beaches, sand dunes, and other natural attractions.
8. Davao – Davao is a perfect destination for nature lovers. The city is known for its parks, mountains, and other natural attractions like the Philippine Eagle Center.
9. Tagaytay – Known for its cool climate and scenic views of Taal Lake, Tagaytay is a popular destination for families during Holy Week.
10. Camarines Sur – Known for its water sports complex, Camarines Sur is a perfect destination for adventure-seekers. The province also offers beaches, waterfalls, and other natural attractions.
The Philippines offers a diverse range of destinations for Holy Week. From beaches, historical landmarks, natural attractions, and adventure sports, there is something for everyone. However, travelers should take note of safety protocols and guidelines set by the government and travel agencies to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.